Hiring a Roofer
There are many ways to pick a good roofer. One of the best ways to select a contractor is to ask friends or relatives for recommendations. It is also a good idea to contact professional roofing association for referrals. Professional associations have stringent guidelines for their members to follow, namely GAF. The local roofing associations in your area will provide you with professional and local roofing contractors in your area.
Contact your Better Business Bureau. Many times people are shocked to read the reviews on the BBB?s website after they have experienced a problem. Another good tip, is to make sure the company you are working with is licensed with the state. Verify the contractor?s insurance bond information, workers? compensation insurance policy information, and check if there have been any legal actions filed against the contractor.
Tips To Hiring a Roofer
- Hire only licensed contractors
- Always get three references and check their reviews
- Compare all of the materials being used on the bids
- Don?t sign anything until you understand the terms
- Pay up to 1/3rd down percent down, and the rest after completion
- Monitor to make sure the payments do not get ahead of the work
- Only make the final payment when you?re satisfied with the job
- Don?t rush into repairs or be pressured into making an immediate decision